Up to $21.69 an hour
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Program Manager and as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, through solution-focused and strength based programming you will promote and assist with the delivery of holistic care focusing on advocacy, planning, implementation and evaluations of programs developed to meet the individual needs for social, educational, vocational, personal, mental and spiritual health of the clients.
The position responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Contributes and assists clients in increasing daily living skills through implementing positive program plans that align with the client’s personal goals.
- Incorporates Low Arousal approaches and NVCI techniques to assist with challenging behaviour of clients which may include assisting with crisis control.
- Contributes to the daily operation of the program by adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization and unit routines.
- Documents pertinent data in a clear, concise manner consistent with KRRC standards.
- Maintains and promotes good working relationships within the organization as a whole and with outside contacts.
- Complies with and collaborates with continual Quality Improvement initiatives. Program by participating in the continual development of the program and its personnel.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in the development and implementation of clients’ individual program plans.
- Participates in Professional Development opportunities and in-service educational programs based on continued learning needs.
- Promotes the mission of quality client programming by performing other related tasks and duties that may be assigned or required, in order to maintain proficient workflows.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of all workplace incidents to Program Manager or Designate.
- Maintains and promotes health and safety standards and procedures in accordance to KRRC program and client care standards.
- Maintains effective communication with Management and employees.
- Communicates pertinent information, such as changes in clients’ conditions or behaviours to the program manager or designate in order to maintain continuity of client care.
- Participates in a team approach to client programming and care by attending staff, client programming and committee meetings as necessary.
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Offers:
- Competitive pay rate $21.69 per hour (after a probation period), PLUS weekend and shift premiums.
- Option to join pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual employees.
- Opportunities for temporary and permanent internal positions.
- Opportunities for continuous learning with in-house training and professional development.
- KRRC is an equal opportunity employer that values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion,
- Proof of High School Diploma – Grade XII or the GED equivalent required.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C).
- Proof of COVID-19 double vaccination as per the government mandate.
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. (NOTE: KRRC offers NVCI to successful candidates who need this course, at the employee’s expense).
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days, evenings and nights.
- Required to provide Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, honesty and integrity and will have the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 12.00-37.50 per week
Salary: Up to $21.69 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Human Resources (email@example.com) Reference Casual Residential Rehabilitation Worker – In-Centre