Up to $21.69 an hour
Job type Part-time, Casual
Full Job Description
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre has current openings for enthusiastic, compassionate, creative individuals as Residential Rehabilitation Workers (RRW) for casual employment in our Community Options home located in Bridgewater, NS. As a member of the KRRC Team, you will play an active role in the implementation of our programs and services supporting persons with intellectual disabilities and various diagnosis towards a client-centred alliance fostering independence, community integration, life experiences and supported decision making.
Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, and reporting to the Program Manager, the Casual Residential Rehabilitation Worker is responsible for providing a range of supports working directly with clients which include, but is not limited to, assisting with increasing daily living and coping skills through the implementation of positive programming; assisting with recreational opportunities; supporting a safe, secure environment; providing support with personal care ranging from, feeding and total support using a mechanical lift, to prompting; encouraging clients to maximize independent functioning to the best of their ability and supporting them; performs their role in keeping with the values, goals, mission, and philosophy of KRRC and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The position responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Contributes and assists clients in increasing daily living skills through implementing positive program plans that align with the client’s personal goals.
- Incorporates Low arousal approaches and NVCI techniques to assist with challenging behaviour of clients which may include assisting with crisis control.
- Contributes to the daily operation of the program by adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization and unit routines.
- Documents pertinent data in a clear, concise manner consistent with KRRC standards.
- Maintains and promotes good working relationships within the organization as a whole and with outside contacts.
- Complies with and collaborates with continual Quality Improvement initiatives. Program by participating in the continual development of the program and its personnel.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in the development and implementation of clients’ individual program plans.
- Participates in Professional Development opportunities and in-service educational programs based on continued learning needs.
- Promotes the mission of quality client programming by performing other related tasks and duties that may be assigned or required, in order to maintain proficient workflows.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of all workplace incidents to Program Manager or Designate.
- Maintains and promotes health and safety standards and procedures in accordance to KRRC program and client care standards.
- Maintains effective communication with Management and employees.
- Communicates pertinent information, such as changes in clients’ conditions or behaviours to the program manager or designate in order to maintain continuity of client care.
- Participates in a team approach to client programming and care by attending staff, client programming and committee meetings as necessary.
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Offers
- Competitive pay rate $21.69 per hour (after a probation period), PLUS weekend and shift premiums.
- Option to join pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual employees.
- Opportunities for temporary and permanent internal positions.
- Opportunities for continuous learning with in-house training and professional development.
- KRRC is an equal opportunity employer that values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Proof of High School Diploma – Grade XII or the GED equivalent required.
- Disability Supports & Services Certificate or Continuing Care Assistant Certificate preferred.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 double vaccination as per the government mandate.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C).
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. (NOTE: KRRC offers NVCI to successful candidates who need this course, at the employee’s expense.).
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days, evenings and nights. Available for short notice call in shifts.
- Required to provide Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry Search.
- Experience with persons with physical, intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health and social challenges and past work experience in residential settings an asset.
- The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, honesty and integrity and will have the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 12.00-37.50 per week
Salary: Up to $21.69 per hour
12 hour shift
Work Location: One location