Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre is currently seeking enthusiastic, compassionate, creative individuals as Licensed Practical Nurses for casual employment. As a member of the KRRC Team, you will play an active role in the implementation of our programs and services supporting persons with intellectual disabilities and various diagnosis towards a client-centred alliance fostering independence, community integration, life experiences and supported decision making.
Under the direction of the Program Manager or designate, provides holistic care for the physical, mental and spiritual health of clients. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides and coordinates client care withing the Licensed Practical Nursing scope of practice in accordance with the goals, mission and philosophy of KRRC.
The position responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Maintains and promotes health and safety standards and procedures in accordance with KRRC program and client care standards as well as in accordance with recognized provincial Licensed Practical Nursing standards, including ethical guidelines.
- Provides holistic care for the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the client.
- Communicates pertinent information, such as changes in clients’ conditions or behaviours to the immediate supervisor in order to maintain continuity of client programs.
- Works with individual clients in increasing daily living skills through a process of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating strategies for positive programming.
- Provide clients with a safe, hygienic, and secure learning environment by coaching through example healthy and active living skills (including nutrition, exercise, and personal hygiene).
- Assists with uncontrolled behaviour of clients including assisting with crisis control.
- Documents pertinent data in a clear, concise manner consistent with KRRC standards and policies.
- Maintains and promotes good working relationships within the organization as a whole and with outside contacts.
- Complies with the Quality Improvement Program by participating in the continual development of the program.
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the framework of the unit and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge and skill in administration and monitoring effects of clients’ medications.
- Demonstrates initiative in promoting continuous learning and is aware of the best practices that will enhance each individual client program.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of clients’ individual program plans in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess client who may have episodes of acute illness and implement a plan of action in accordance with professional practice standards.
- Participates in a team approach to enhance client programming and care by attending staff, client programming and committee meetings.
- Coordinates the care of the units under the supervision of the Program Leader, Program Manager or Senior Registered Nurse.
- Performs a preceptor-ship role in the education of students and new staff that are learning and orienting to the program.
- Participates in in-services and staff development programs based on continued learning needs.
- Promotes the mission of quality client programming by performing other related tasks and duties that may be assigned or required, in order to maintain proficient work-flows.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized LPN program and currently registered in NS. Experience with person who have intellectual disabilities and behavioural challenges would be an asset. Must demonstrate leadership skill in coordinating client and unit programs. Must also possess and demonstrate by example; analytical and conceptual thinking, interpersonal skills, relationship building, client services orientation, self-control, sharing knowledge and developing potential in others. Possess personal values such as respect, dignity, empowerment and tolerance in conjunction with KRRC values and philosophy.
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. (NOTE: KRRC offers NVCI to successful candidates who need this course, at the employee’s expense.)
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days, evenings and nights.
- Required to provide Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Offers:
- Pay rate $28.3268 per hour, PLUS weekend and shift premiums.
- Option to join pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual employees.
- Opportunities for temporary and permanent internal positions
- Opportunities for continuous learning with in-house training and professional development.
- KRRC is an equal opportunity employer that values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, honesty and integrity and will have the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
Please forward your application, including cover letter/resume with 2 professional references, to Human Resources.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.