TP-23-126 – Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) – Temporary Full time (12 months commencing Mar. 2023)
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre (KRRC) serves persons of all ages with intellectual, developmental, physical, behavioral, psychological, and/or psychiatric disabilities. We have an immediate opening for a Full-time Temporary Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) at our Centre in Waterville, Nova Scotia.
Under the Direction of the Occupational Therapist(s) and the Director of Clinical Services, the PTA/OTA assists with the development and implementation of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy programs using a client and family centered approach in accordance with KRRC’s Mission, Vision, and Values and established policies and procedures. The PTA/OTA works directly with clients providing hands-on interventions to improve their quality of life and ability to perform desired activities and provides support to the Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist(s) to ensure the smooth operation of the service and the best possible outcomes for clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Graduate of a recognized 2-year Physiotherapy Assistant/ Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA-PTA) program, e.g., the PTA/OTA Diploma Program offered at the Nova Scotia Community college (NSCC)
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, and/or behavioral challenges;
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with clients, families, and other members of the inter-disciplinary team;
- Excellent observational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, seek solutions through collaboration, and provide leadership;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to work independently to complete delegated tasks / programs;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and good judgment;
- Proficiency with computers and relevant applications, e.g., Excel;
- Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license;
- Previous experience working as a PTA/OTA, especially in residential care, an asset.
KRRC offers a competitive benefits package and the successful candidate will be a member of our robust Clinical Services Team. The person in this position will be a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 1472.
Please direct applications including cover letter/resume to Human Resources by 11:59 PM March 22, 2023.
Fax: (902) 538-7022
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
1349 County Home Road,
PO Box 128
Waterville, NS B0P 1V0
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.
Candidates must be able to provide 3 references; work references or combination of work reference and other professional references are acceptable.