Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre is currently implementing a large-scale recruitment strategy, seeking enthusiastic, compassionate, creative individuals as Youth Workers (YW) for casual employment. As a member of the KRRC Team, you will play an active role in the implementation of our programs and services supporting persons with intellectual disabilities and various diagnosis towards a client-centred alliance fostering independence, community integration, life experiences and supported decision making.
Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Program Manager, the Casual Youth Worker is responsible for providing holistic care for the physical, mental and spiritual health of children residing in the community options homes in accordance with the children’s program philosophy and the goals, mission, and philosophy of KRRC.
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre Offers:
- Competitive pay rate $21.69 per hour (after a probation period), PLUS weekend and shift premiums.
- Option to join pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual employees.
- Opportunities for temporary and permanent internal positions
- Opportunities for continuous learning with in-house training and professional development.
- KRRC is an equal opportunity employer that values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Graduate of Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) or other accredited Child & Youth Care Worker program or a Bachelor’s Degree in human sciences; including psychology, sociology, criminology and education.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid/CPR (Level C).
- CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. (NOTE: KRRC offers NVCI to successful candidates who need this course, at the employee’s expense.)
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days, evenings and nights.
- Required to provide Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry search.
- Experience with children who have intellectual disabilities, mental illness, trauma, behavioral and/or emotional challenges and past work experience in residential settings is an asset.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
Please forward your application, including cover letter/resume with 2 professional references, to Human Resources.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.